Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Half Way Through Wednesday

Exercise: Today was my gym day. I did 20 minutes on the bike, the weight machines, and 13 minutes on the True Stride elliptical thingy.

Breakfast this morning was Kashi Warm Cinnamon Heart to Heart cereal. I think this looks even more like cat food than the Honey Toasted flavor. I wasn't a big fan of the taste either. And half a banana.

Lunch so far (it has been a busy day) has been a handful of peanuts and a couple of wheat thins with hummus. I'll find some protein - maybe some turkey - and a pear.

Dinner tonight is undecided. Last night, I made chicken verde. My husband loves this dish. It used to be enchiladas but I started just baking the filling and he can crush some tortilla chips on it and I can have it plain. I'll share the recipe but you can really do whatever you want with it.

Chicken Verde
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can black beans
1 small bag frozen corn (canned works too)
1 can diced chiles (1 can diced jalapenos too if you like heat)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TBL cumin
Dash cayenne
Dash ground chipotle pepper
1 jar salsa verde (easy to make if you have access to fresh tomatillos)
Handful of fresh cilantro if you have it
1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used 2% mexican blend)

Throw it all together and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Can serve with chips and sour cream if desired.

1 comment:

Speak.